We are seeking a passionate Design Architect with a strong desire to be a collaborative and integral team member who will help influence the advancement of design excellence within our firm. You will be expected to work directly with the firm’s leadership to pursue, win, and develop designs.
We strongly believe in the power of diversity to fuel creativity. We welcome applicants with experience across various building typologies who will bring unique perspectives as we seek to broaden our expertise and portfolio of work.
We’re seeking a proven self-starter, someone who identifies opportunities for growth and is confident developing projects / concepts with minimal direction. An ability to work well under pressure is a must, as you’ll manage and prioritize multiple tasks amid competing deadlines. Your knack for seamlessly coordinating consultants, contractors and clients will be crucial, while also nurturing and mentoring team members to deliver quality designs.
- Ability to be a creative and critical thinker who can test and execute design solutions with some guidance or in a core collaborative design team
- Actively engage in the advancement of project design and development consistent with project goals and objectives with some oversight by firm leadership and Project Managers
- Ability to effectively communicate, interact with, and present design ideas to clients and internal team members
- Must exhibit excellent design thinking using various mediums (minimum required: Sketch-Up, Revit (modeling) and Adobe Creative Suite):
- Craft high-quality presentations, renderings, models and drawing support (pending critical project deadlines)
- Knowledge of major building systems, research building materials/systems, select products and proactively integrate into a design solution and communicate with project teams
- Promote a highly collaborative environment on a project-specific basis
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited program with State of Florida architectural license or ability to get reciprocity
- 8+ years of experience in an architectural office
- Flexibility to work in a collaborative environment with a focused core team, as well as independently
- Strong graphic skills and design capability to critically think through the development of a design
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized individual
- Proficiency required: Revit Modeling, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Rendering Software, MS Office & Outlook
A salary fully commensurate with experience and credentials will be accompanied by a complete fringe benefit package, including 401(k), insurance options, vacation, among others.