We are looking for a passionate, technically proficient Public Safety Project Manager / Architect who possesses a strong appreciation for design excellence. Expertise in the development of construction documents, including drawings and specifications is a must. Our expectation is that you possess a strong sense of self initiative, requiring minimal instruction to move projects forward.
This role allows you to collaborate with a robust team of Public Safety architects and designers, working closely with firm leadership to advance award-winning, technically superior projects. Culture is an important component of our studio environment, and we expect all team members to embrace the values of teamwork, accountability, integrity and a commitment to design excellence.
- Ability to interact with clients and demonstrate communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient at executing design development and construction documentation phases of work that are consistent with project goals and objectives with minimal oversight
- Responsible for monitoring of scope, schedule and budget on architectural aspects of projects.
- Responsible for developing architectural work plans and tasking, supervision and mentoring of assigned project personnel.
- Ability to communicate ideas using SketchUp, Revit and Adobe Creative Suite.
- General knowledge of major building systems and ability to proactively lead coordination with engineers to maintain design intent and project goals.
- Provide assigned collateral duties relative to the operation of the team.
- Perform code analysis.
- Ability to research building materials, product selection and coordinate specifications with firm’s specifications writer.
- Assist construction administrator assigned to project with review/process of submittals/RFIs, job site visits and attend some meetings as part of learning process.
- Professional degree in architecture or Masters of Architecture degree from an accredited program is required.
- Individuals with State of Florida architectural license or ability to become licensed within a year are preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant (Municipal, Law Enforcement, Public Safety and Government) experience in an architectural office.
- Proactive individual with a sense of urgency to multi-task on multiple projects and assignments with flexibility to work in collaborative environment with a team and independently.
- Strong graphic skills and technical capability to critically think through the development of a design into documentation, knowledge of drawing standards, and some understanding of code requirement/compliance.
- Excellent communication skills and highly organized individual.
A salary fully commensurate with experience and credentials will be accompanied by a complete fringe benefit package, including 401(k), insurance options, vacation, among others.