Emphasizing a visionary approach to aviation campus planning, the Greater Orlando Aviation Authority recognized the importance of accommodating multi-modal transportation at the Orlando International Airport. The new Intermodal Terminal Facility provides a modern, efficient transportation hub that harmoniously connects air, rail and vehicular travel. The facility’s design and master planning prioritizes seamless connectivity, effortlessly integrating complex transportation systems. Passengers can transition between modes of transportation in tranquil terminals that are bathed in natural light and feature an interior landscape reminiscent of the beauty found in Central Florida.
- 2020 Innovative Public Project Leadership Award, USGBC Central Florida
- 2019 Grand Award Winner in the Engineering Excellence Awards, American Council of Engineering Companies – Florida
- 2018 Best Project – Airport/Transit Category, ENR Southeast
- 2018 Award of Merit – Airport/Transit Category, ENR Southeast
- 2018 Commercial Service Airport Project of the Year, FDOT